Work with an
Arcus Data designs, deploys and manages analytics solutions to empower organizations to make better, data-driven decisions. Arcus blends creativity and business aptitude with the technical expertise gained through hundreds of successful deployments. Organizations looking to complement their in-house teams, develop new use cases, adopt Splunk best practices, or address industry-specific challenges can leverage Arcus Data’s success-based model to go from data drought to data-driven.
OUR STORY & MISSION
In 2018, Arcus Data was founded to help companies make better, data-driven decisions. It started with one customer that made a huge investment in Splunk but lost their Splunk admin, had a rotating door of consultants and were scrambling to deploy their critical use cases. Our goal was to get them back on track to deliver their high-quality use cases and meet their tight deadlines. We accomplished that.
Our mission is to use data analytics to leverage more value from Splunk instances, or, like the client above, parachute in and help in extreme situations. Our team of engineers, architects, and data scientists have deep experience with Splunk, AWS, and a broad range of automation frameworks and data sources. If you’re thinking about starting an analytics project to make better, data-driven decisions — or are trying to get the most from your Splunk environment, contact us. We look forward to working with you.
Arcus Data is seeking experienced Splunk consultants to join their team. Arcus Data is a high growth solutions provider that celebrates and rewards innovation. Join a world-class team of extremely technical engineers that work together in a collaborative culture.
- Splunk Certified Consultant (SCC-2, SCC-II, Core Certification)
- Experience designing and implementing distributed Splunk installations including all Splunk server roles (Search Head, Indexers, Heavy Forwarders, and Universal Forwarders, etc.)
- Experience with advanced configuration of Splunk including Indexer Clustering and Search Head Clustering
- Experience maintaining and administering enterprise-scale implementations
- Experience developing custom Splunk content including scheduled searches, reports, dashboards and alerts
- Proficient at data on-boarding activities including custom parsing rules, custom TAs, props, transforms, and adhering to the Common Information Model (CIM)
- Experience configuring indexes, index routing, retention policies, etc.
- Excellent written and oral skills, ability to work closely with multiple customers, manage expectations, and track engagement scope
Splunk engineer with experience managing and configuring Splunk environments, performing data on-boarding, developing custom content on Splunk platform, troubleshooting methodologies, and ability to walk customers through requirements gathering phase and develop appropriate system designs.
- Splunk premium apps (ITSI, Exchange, Enterprise Security, VMWare, Business Flow)
- Understanding of Syslog daemon configuration principles, ideally Syslog-NG
- Understanding of modern data pipelines (Kafka, Cribl, Kinesis, Firehose)
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Development and API experience (Python, REST, XML)
- Automation Experience (Ansible, TerraForm, Puppet, Chef)
High-level Job Description
We’re looking for candidates who have a strong technical background and ability to think creatively. You’ll be responsible for building, deploying, and enhancing Splunk for our diverse customer base. This involves working with the customers directly, understanding their business needs, and building innovative solutions to solve interesting & challenging problems.
Detailed Job Description
Our customer deployments range from on-prem, to hybrid, to 100% cloud. You will be supporting a wide variety of clients — some who are just getting started on their Splunk journey — all the way up to advanced 20+ TB customers with thousands of daily active users. This will include the installation and configuration of Splunk Enterprise according to Splunk best practices. Our customers need assistance developing solutions to support their use cases, which requires data onboarding, dashboard development, custom alerting, and third-party tool integrations.
You will also be involved in planning and requirements gathering discussions with the client and will need to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will be required to document system design, capacity planning guides, status reports, and standard operating procedures.
As an Arcus Data engineer you’ll have full access to our internal knowledge base and use case libraries, which is driven by our internal development teams. You’ll also have the technical backing of our entire engineering team to encourage collaboration and growth through information sharing and knowledge workshops. We celebrate and reward innovative thinking!
About Arcus Data
Arcus Data is a proven leader in business analytics, cloud adoption, and automation. We empower organizations to solve some of their most challenging business needs through innovative solutions and advanced use case development. We deliver solutions across all industries including Technology, Healthcare, Energy & Utilities, Retail, and Financial Services.
Arcus Data is seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to join their team. Arcus Data is a high growth solutions provider that celebrates and rewards innovation. Join a world-class team of technical experts who work together in a collaborative culture.
Are you an awesome collaborator that loves to help businesses succeed? Are you a tech geek and comfortable around cutting edge technology? Arcus Data is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to join our dynamic presales team. You will work together with Arcus’s direct sales team on the solution and technical aspects of selling big data solutions to our largest commercial Enterprise clients. Our clients span all business sectors and sizes. You will be the “eyes & ears” and SME for our team serving our customers and prospects in the Pacific Northwest including (but not limited to) Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? You will have the responsibility for actively driving and leading the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor, you will be an advocate for Arcus Data’s solutions. Additionally, you will position cutting-edge technology to both business and technical users. You will identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete client satisfaction throughout the sales process, and establish and maintain positive relationships with your client’s technical staff.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT: We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- 5+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware/Citrix/Hyper-V).
- Network Administration/Architecture/Management Knowledge.
- Unix/Windows – Administration Experience.
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance.
- Familiar with Computer Programming – C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python Programming.
- Knowledge of “Big data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus.
- Comfortable approaching total strangers and quickly extracting technical know-how from them.
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the Pacific Northwest region.
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our team
Bachelor’s of Science degree or substantial relevant on the job experience. We’ll break the rules if you’re awesome. Liberal Arts majors/minors are great to see. We love individuals with a broad range of interests; art, science, research, writing, music, whatever you’re into.
Do you want to make an impact and expand your sales knowledge and learn from the best? Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and help businesses think differently? If you answered yes, then we might have a home here for you at Arcus Data! The Inside Sales Rep will be responsible for expanding and growing territories for Arcus. You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation techniques and sell enterprise software into well-known brand name companies. You have a consistent record of selling software or services and you know how to build beneficial, positive relationships with customers.
You will follow up with inbound leads and status update through the company CRM system as well as conduct outbound prospecting and lead generation. You are an expert at qualifying leads and you will schedule product demos for customers.
- Display a real passion for handling accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services. In addition, you will:
- Own and run smaller deals with the Sales Engineers
- Accelerate Customer Adoption
- Demand Generation Activities
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Drive Attendance to marketing events
- Develop outbound campaigns to expand within accounts
- User conference coordination efforts
- Partner with a field team (Regional Sales Managers) Support attendance to field marketing events including conferences and trade shows.
- Assist field team (Regional Sales Managers) in more complex transactions
- Host/Manage product demos for customers with Sales Engineer
- End of Quarter support to Regional Sales Managers
You have around 3-4 years of experience in selling enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance). As well as a solid reputation for consultative sales experience and meaningful companies/businesses to think differently and references to back it up.
- You have a reputation for exceeding quota, putting the customer first, and consultative approach
- Previously worked in a fast-growing software sales company and sold a complex software solution to enterprise companies
- You have developed new business and handled sales cycle, from generating leads through closing deals
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and building relationships
- A logical and analytical thinker and have demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude, strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Hubspot
- Extraordinary organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also be a contributing member of a team and share your successes
- Desire to grow within sales field organization
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred